Tsum Valley Trek
“Tsum Valley trekking is a journey to possibly the most beautiful hidden valley nestled in Nepal’s western Himalayas. Tsum Valley was opened for tourists only from 2008. This valley boasts pristine nature and ancient cultural heritage.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Tsum Valley trek is a journey to possibly the most beautiful hidden valley nestled in Nepal’s western Himalayas. Tsum Valley was opened for tourists only from 2008. This valley boasts pristine nature and ancient cultural heritage. As mentioned in Tibetan Buddhist script this valley was described as the land of happiness by Guru Padmasambhava and is also the place Milarepa meditated for the spiritual gain.
Here the people are Tibetan origin and they speak Tibetan dialect. The valley has some historic monasteries including Rachen Gompa and Mu Gompa on a pretty plateau and Lungdang Gompa at the base of a conical hill against the main slope of Ganesh Himal. In these monasteries, hundreds of monks and nuns are living.
In Tsum Valley monasteries are also the center of teaching and learning. Locals send their children for better education. Apart from the culture the spectacular mountain views of Ganesh Himal(7422m), Buddha Himal (6672m) and Sringi Himal (7187m); beautiful terraces; a forest of pine trees and rhododendron trees; waterfalls and hot spring on the route are the major highlights of this trekking.
Tsum Valley Trek starts from Arughat, a small town 126 km from Kathmandu and also ends in the same place. The trail starts low, passing through lush green countryside and small Hindu villages. Then it enters Tsum Valley passing through beautiful pine and rhododendron forests in the beginning then after through artistic chortens and mani walls made of thousands of stone slabs carved with drawings of deities and inscribed with prayers and small Tibetan-style villages.
Tsum Valley Trek- Note:
Tsum Valley Trek is 18 days of the trip. However, the itinerary is likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat (620m/2034ft), 126 km west of Kathmandu. Driving 5 hours.
- Day 3 Trekking from Arughat to Soti Khola (869m/2851ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 4 Trekking from Soti Khola to Machha Khola (869m/2851ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Machha Khola to Jagat (1340m/ 4396ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Jagat to Lokpa (2240m/ 7349ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Lokpa to Chumling (2385m/ 7825ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 8 Trekking from Chumling to Chhokang Paro (3031m/ 9944ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Chhokang Paro to Nile (3361m/11027ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Nile Chhule to Mu Gompa (3700m/ 12139ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 11 Trekking from Mu Gompa to Rachen Gompa (3240m/ 10630ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 12 Trekking from Rachen Gompa to Domje (2460m/ 8071 ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 13 Trekking from Domje to Philim (1570m/ 5151ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 14 Trekking from Philim to Tatopani (990m/ 3248ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 15 Trekking from Tatopani to Lapubeshi (884m/ 2900ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 16 Trekking from Lapubeshi to Arughat (620m/ 2034 ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 17 Drive from Arughat to Kathmandu, 126 km. Driving 5 hours. Driving 7 hours. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 18 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.