Tilicho Lake Trek
“Tilicho Lake is recognized as the world highest lake stand in 4919 meters / 16,240 feet above sea level. Join this trekking to explore the beautiful Himalayan Lagoon and also to experience highlights of Annapurna Circuit trail.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Tilicho Lake Trek is an incredible walking journey to discover Tilicho, the world’s highest altitude lake located at 4919 meters / 16,240 feet above sea level in Annapurna zone of Nepal. This lake has been formed by the melt of all the glaciers from northern slopes of Annapurna Himalayan range and Throng Peak.
From the spiritual perspective, this lake is the blessed place for Hindus as well as Buddhists people. About this mountain lake, it has a description in Ramayana, the epic of Hindu’s, in the holy name of Kagbhusundi.
Tilicho Lake Trek starts from Beshi Sahar- Syanje, the same places from where the trail of Annapurna Circuit trekking begins. On the starting days, you follow the route alongside Marshyangdi River with sightseeing of waterfall, various villages and mountain terrain.
Before you enter to Manang territory you enjoy the view of Mount Manaslu, the seventh highest mountain in the world. Until you reach the heart of Manang you follow the same trail route of Annapurna Circuit trekking.
From Manang instead of ascending trail of the northern side of the valley which goes to Tenki you follow to the west route and visit Khangasar village. Khangasar is the last village before Tilicho Lake. From this village, after five hours of walking, you reach to Tilicho Base Camp. Up to Base Camp, there are available of mountain guest houses. Next day climb to your dream destination Tilicho Lake and same day back to the base camp for night stay.
Afterward, you pursue the trail head to Yak Kharka and rejoin the route of Annapurna Circuit to cross Thorung La (5416m/ 17769ft). Thorung La is known as the world’s longest high pass.After crossing over this pass, the trail goes down to Muktinath, the revered Himalayan temple by Hindus as well as Buddhist people. After the visit to this temple, you head towards Jomsom and end all trekking. From Jomsom, you fly to Pokhara following the drive back to Kathmandu.
Tilicho Lake Trek- Note:
Tilicho Lake Trek is the 18 days trip. However, it’s likely to be customized making it short or long. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Drive to Beshi Sahar by public bus (172 km). Driving 5:30 hours.
- Day 3 Drive to Syange and Trekking to Chamje (1560m/5118ft). Driving 2 hours. Walking 4:30 hours.
- Day 4 Trekking from Chamje to Dhararpani (1810m/5938ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Dharapani to Chame (2725m/8940ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Chame to Pisang (3190m/10466ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Pisang to Manang (3500m/11483ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 8 Rest Day in Manang for acclimatization.
- Day 9 Trekking from Manang to Khangsar Village (3700m/12139ft).Walking 4 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Khangsar to Tilicho Base Camp (4140m/13583ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 11 Trekking to Tilicho Lake (4949m/16138 ft)) and back down to Tilicho Base Camp (4140m/13583ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 12 Trekking from Tilicho Base Camp to Yak Kharka (4040m/13020ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 13 Trekking from Yak kharka to Throung Phedi(4441m/14570ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 14 Trekking from Thorung Phedi to Muktinath via Thoroung-la passes (5416m/17769ft). Walking 8:30 hours.
- Day 15 Trekking from Muktinath to Jomsom (2715m/8910ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 16 Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara (823m/2700ft). Flight 30 minutes.
- Day 17 Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 18 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.