- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Rara Lake Trek is the wilderness and solitude hiking tour to the pristine mountain lake of Rara. Many travelers have designated this lake as the Queen of Himalayan Lakes. Rara is also the largest lake of Nepal spread over five kilometers long and two kilometers wide at an altitude of 3010m/9875ft from the sea level.
Protected by Rara National Park this lake is ringed with pine, spruce and juniper forest which mirrors the snow capped the Himalayas. The region of this lake is also the home to 20 different species of mammals and 214 species of birds. Here especially find mammals of Himalayan bears, Himalayan tahrs, serows, gorals, musk deer, red pandas and both rhesus and langur monkeys.
The 170m deep lake has also otters and fishes. The hiking route of Rara Lake is made up of long ridges covered with temperate forests and alpine pastures enclosing high valleys and unique villages which provide different travel experience unparalleled with other trekking routes of Nepal.
The journey of this trekking starts with one hour flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj followed by next forty-five minutes flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla. Jumla is the gateway of this trekking where it starts and ends also.
Rara Lake Trek- Note:
Rara Lake Trek is 14 days of the trip. However, the itinerary is likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Afternoon Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (Alt 150m/492ft). Flight 1 hour. Rest of day at leisure.
- Day 3 Morning flight from Nepalgunj to Jumla (Alt 2540m/8333ft). Flight 45 minutes. Trekking from Jumla to Danphe Lagna (Alt. 3691m/12110ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 4 Trekking from Danphe Lagna to Chautha (Alt. 2807m/9209ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Chautha to Dhuir (Alt. 2410m/7907ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Dhuir to Rara Lake (Alt. 3010m/9875ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 7 Explore of Rara Lake (Alt. 3010m/9875ft).
- Day 8 Trekking from Rara Lake to Gorosingha (Alt. 3050m/10007ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Gorosingha to Sinja (Alt. 2490m/ 8169ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Sinja to Jaljala Chaur (Alt. 3420m/ 11220 ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 11 Trekking from Jaljala Chaur to Jumla (Alt 2540m/8333ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 12 Morning flight from Jumla to Nepalgunj (Flight 45 minutes). Same day flight from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu (Flight 1 hour).
- Day 13 Sightseeing tour to World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 14 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.