Nepal Family Trek
“Nepal Family trekking tour is a hiking journey for the family with children. Any family with kids who are used to doing some hill walking can join this fascinating journey to the Annapurna zone of Nepal. The trip has a short comfortable walk for 4 to 6 hours in a day.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Nepal Family Trek is a hiking vacation for the family with children. Any family with kids who are used to doing short hill walking can join this fascinating journey. In Nepal, there are lots of trekking trails but here the suggested program is trekking to Poon Hill in Annapurna. Poonhill is renown as a low elevation fantastic route for a majestic view of the Himalayas with distinctive villages, rhododendron forest, mountain streams and local’s warm hospitality.
Nepal Family trek includes a short comfortable walk for 4 to 6 hours each day. The gateway of this trekking is Pokhara. It is 200 km west of Kathmandu and reachable by drive or flight. From Pokhara after 1 hour of drive to Nayapul, the trekking starts along the bank of Modi Khola (stream).
After arriving at Birethanti village the trail climbs steadily up the side and reaches another village called Tikhe Dhunga. Then, the ascent continues getting to villages of Banthanti and Ghorepani through forests of pine and rhododendrons. In the season of blooming rhododendron trees, these forests actually turn into gardens of luminously beautiful flowers mostly in red color. You stop for night halts in Tikhe Dhunga, Banthanti, and Ghorepani.
Early in the morning from Ghorepani, you hike to Poonhill, one of the best viewpoints for sunrise over the Himalayas. From here you can see the beautiful Himalayan range of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Lamjung. Leaving Ghorepani, the trail again follows the pine and rhododendron forest and passes few other villages called Tadapani and Ghandruk. In Ghandruk it’s really rewarding to visit of Gurung Museum.
With dazzling views of Mt. Fish Tail, Mt. Annapurna South and Mt. Himchuli from Ghandruk the trail follows downhill all the way to Birethanti then to Nayapul. Finally, the trekking ends at Naya Pul. After that, you drive to Pokhara and then to Kathmandu. The sightseeing in Pokhara and Kathmandu provides extra relish to this family trip.
Nepal Family Trek- Notes:
- This 12 days’ Family Trekking in Nepal can start on any date of the year. The best season is from September to May. This trip can also be modified if required to make it longer or shorter as your request.
- Apart from Annapurna, we also organize family trekking in Everest, Langtang and other regions of Nepal. We offer the best deal in the cost of Nepal Family Trek so book with us to get a good price of your family trekking in Nepal.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu International airport.
- Day 2 Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, 200 km west of Kathmandu.
- Day 3 Drive from Pokhara to Naya Pul. Driving 1 hour. Start trekking to Tikhe Dhunga (Alt. 1540m/ 5005ft).
- Day 4 Trekking from Tikhe Dhunga to Banthati (Alt. 2374m/ 7789ft).
- Day 5 Trekking from Banthati to Ghorepani (Alt. 2860m/9295ft).
- Day 6 Early morning trekking from Ghorepani to Poon Hill. Then trek to Tadapani. (Alt. 2630m/8548ft).
- Day 7 Trekking from Tadapani to Ghandruk (1940m/6360 ft).
- Day 8 Trekking from Ghandruk to Nayapul (1070m/3477ft).Walking 4 hours. Then, drive from Nayapul to Pokhara.
- Day 9 Sightseeing in Pokhara.
- Day 10 Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
- Day 11 Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 12 Departure from Kathmandu to your home country.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.