Nar Phu Trek
“Nar Phu Trekking, only opened since 2003 for foreigners, is the total experience of abandoned two villages- Nar and Phu lies in Trans Himalayan terrain. As its trail follows Annapurna Circuit trekking it also offers to explore some major highlights of Annapurna Circuit.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Nar Phu trek is a journey to the two classical hidden Himalayan villages located at the backdrop of Annapurna Mountain range in the northwestern part of Nepal. Although these villages are nearby Annapurna region they are almost like isolated places and still they are unexplored & untouched by many visitors. In these villages, ancient Tibetan culture has been well preserved and maintained.
From 2003 AD Government of Nepal opened these two places for foreigners with the requirement of taking special trekking permit to travel there. The visit to these two primitive hamlets presents a glance of prehistoric Tibetan lifestyle and their culture. Additionally trekking to this exotic land offers remarkable Mountain View and great alpine sceneries.
In general, Nar Phu trek starts from Syange and it follows the same trail of Annapurna circuit until Koto. From Koto it branches off and follows northern off the beaten route to Nar Phu. The trek takes you up narrow gorges to medieval villages passing through impressive Buddhist chortens, herds of blue sheep and spectacular cliffside trails and over one of the high mountain pass called Kang La Pass (5306m/ 17408ft).
You will pass abandoned settlements once used by Khampa rebels (Tibetan fierce warriors) and teams of mountaineers headed to popular peaks of Himlung, Kang Garu, and Ratna Chuli. After visiting this primitive land it again joins with Annapurna circuit trail and moves ahead to cross famous Thorung La Pass (5416m/ 17769ft) and then down to Muktinath, the sacred Himalaya temple of Hindus as well as Buddhist people before heading on to Jomsom. In Jomsom, this trekking ends and you finally fly back to Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu next day.
To sum up, Nar Phu Village Trekking grants you with the total experience of abandoned Tibetan villages which remains unblemished by modernity. It also relishes you some of the notable attractions of Annapurna Circuit trekking with the Himalayan vista of the Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung, Manaslu, Tilicho peak and many other snow-capped Himalayan peaks.
Nar Phu Trek- Note:
Nar Phu Trek is 19 days trekking trip. However, it’s likely to be customized making it short or long. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Drive to Beshi Sahar (172 km). Driving 5:30 hours.
- Day 3 Drive to Syange and Trekking to Chamje (1560m/5118ft). Driving 2 hours. Walking 4:30 hours.
- Day 4 Trekking from Chamje to Dhararpani (1810m/5938ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Dharapani to Koto (2600m/8530ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Koto to Meta (3560m/11680ft).Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Meta to Kyang (3820m/12533ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 8 Trekking from Kyang to Phu Gaon (4080m/13386ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Phu Gaon to Nar Gaon (4110m/13484ft). Walking 7 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Nar to Kangla Phedi (4530m/14862ft). Walking 2 hours.
- Day 11 Trekking from Kangla Phedi to Ngawal via Kang La pass (5306m/17408ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 12 Trekking from Ngawal to Manang (3500m/11483ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 13 Trekking from Manang to Yak Kharka (4090m/13418ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 14 Trekking from Yak kharka to Throung Phedi(4441m/14570ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 15 Trekking from Thorung Phedi to Muktinath via Thoroung-la passes (5416m/17769ft). Walking 8:30 hours.
- Day 16 Trekking from Muktinath to Jomsom (2715m/8910ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 17 Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara (823m/2700ft). Flight 30 minutes.
- Day 18 Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 19 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.