“Langtang is an easy panoramic trekking in a short distance from Kathmandu for the majestic views of Langtang Lirung and to explore the glaciers, mountain lifestyle, flora & fauna.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Langtang trek is a pleasing short hiking tour to the alpine Langtang valley. This beautiful valley surrounds by the majestic Himalayan peaks. The Langtang valley and its adjacent area are designated as the Nepal’s first National park in the Himalayan territory. The government of Nepal declared it in 1971 AD.
Langtang trek allows to the exploration of mountain villages and local lifestyle. Next, it grants to visit Himalayan glaciers from the lower elevated place. Furthermore, it offers to discover striking views of the Himalayas. They are Mount Langtang Lirung (7246 meters), Dorje Lakpa (6966 meters), Gang Cheenpo (6388 meters) and Ganesh Himal (7429 meters).
It has an interesting story about the name of Langtang for this area. According to the legend, one day a lama (Buddhist Saint) lost his yak. When following that runaway yak he discovered this beautiful valley. Later this area was promulgated in the name of Langtang. In the Tibetan language, the word ‘lang’ stands for ‘yak’ and ‘tang’ means to follow. In the upper part of this valley, we find lots of yaks. They are grazing in open meadow.
Langtang region is inhabited by Tamang people. Tamangs are one particular indigenous group living mostly in middle part hills of Nepal. The interesting fact is people staying in Langtang say themselves are Tamang but their lifestyle, dress code, language and religious rituals are much more similar to the Tibetan than to the same ethnic group living in other places.
The doorway of Langtang trekking is Syabru Besi. It is reachable after 6 hours of drive from Kathmandu. From Syaphrubeshi the trail swings north into the Langtang valley crossing the river several times along of oak and rhododendron forests. Upon reaching Langtang valley firstly, you visit Langtang village. Afterward, the trail moves towards Kyanjin Gompa crossing through glacial moraine.
Kyanjin Gompa is the ultimate destination of this trekking. Later you hike up to Tsergo Ri (4984m), the highest elevation of this trip. It offers the spectacular views of Himalayan panorama with glaciers. After that, you retrace your footsteps to Syabrubesi. Subsequently, you drive back to Katmandu ending trek in Syabrubesi.
Langtang Trek- Note:
Langtang trek 10 days is a standard hiking trip. However, it’s likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (Alt. 1467m/4813ft). 145 km northwest of Kathmandu. Driving 6:30 hours.
- Day 3 Trekking from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (Alt. 2470m/ 8104ft). Walking 5:60 hrs.
- Day 4 Trekking from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (Alt. 3430m/11253ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa (Alt. 3870m/12697ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 6 Hiking up Tsergo Ri (Alt. 5050m/16564ft) and back to Kyanjin Gompa. Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (Alt. 2470m/ 8104ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 8 Trekking from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (Alt. 1467m/4813ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9 Drive from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu (Alt. 1350m/ 4429ft). 145 km. Driving 6:30 hours.
- Day 10 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.