Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
“Langtang Gosainkunda Trekking is an assorted journey through the serene valley of glaciers ‘Langtang’ and onto the revered high mountain lake ‘Gosainkunda’ with marvelous views of Nepal Himalayas and the exploration of Tibetan influenced ethnicity.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek is the journey to the natural valley of glaciers and the divine Himalayan Lake named Gosainkunda, revered mostly by Hindus and Buddhist people, inside the territory of Langtang National Park, the 1st protected area in the Himalayan region of Nepal.
The major highlights of Langtang Gosaikunda are wide variety of climatic zones from subtropical to alpine, inspiring walking trail that passes along the mountain stream through the forests of pine, rhododendrons, oak and maple which also the habitat of black bears, rhesus monkeys and red pandas and the ethnic culture of Tamang people whose lifestyle and religious practices are almost of Tibetan people and different than the same group living in mid hills of Nepal.
Similarly the Himalayan glaciers flowing from mighty Langtang Lirung, couple of sacred lakes where dipping is believed to cleanse of all mortal sin and the spectacular mountain views of Langtang Lirung (7234m), Langtang Ri (7205m), Dorje Lakpa (6966m) and Loenpo Gang (6979m) are also the wonderful experience of this trekking.
Langtang Gosainkunda trek starts on from Syabrubesi, 6:30 hours of drive from Kathmandu. First two days the trail ascends through forest crossing river and streams. Then it enters to Langtang valley and goes to visit Langtang village and Kyanjin Gompa. There are several side trips from the open alpine area of Kyanjin Gompa. Hiking to Tsergo Ri (4984m) provides best views of surrounding Himalayas and glacier. Then the trail follows to visit Gosainkunda Lake.
The trek climbs considerably steep to Gosainkunda through farmland first then via an alpine crest. The trail offers panoramic views of the Himalayan range to reach a rugged bowl-shaped zone of holy lakes. There are one hundred eight lakes in this region but the famous are Gosainkunda, Sarswatikunda, and Ganeshkunda. All these are nearby each other. On full moon day festival of every August, the large number of pilgrims reach Gosainkunda to take a holy dip in the lake.
After Gosainkunda Lake, the trail crosses mountain pass of Laurebina La (4610 meters) with glacial moraines and descends all the way via Ghopte, Chisapani to Sundarijal where the trekking ends formally. From Sudarijal it’s a nearly one and half hours of drive to Kathmandu.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (Alt. 1467m/4813ft). 145 km north-west of Kathmandu. Driving 6:30 hours.
- Day 3 Trekking from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel (Alt. 2470m/ 8104ft). Walking 5:60 hrs.
- Day 4 Trekking from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (Alt. 3430m/11253ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa (Alt. 3870m/12697ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 6 Hiking up Tsergo Ri (Alt. 5050m/16564ft) and back to Kyanjin Gompa. Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (Alt. 2470m/ 8104ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 8 Trekking from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (Alt. 2200m/7218ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (Alt. 3580m/11745ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Sing Gompa to Gosainkunda (Alt. 4381m/14373ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 11 Trekking from Gosainkunda to Ghopte (Alt. 3420m/11220ft) with cross over the Lauribina pass (4600 m/ 15092ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 12 Trekking from Ghopte to Kutumsang (Alt. 2540m/ 8333ft). Walking 5:30 hours.
- Day 13 Trekking from Kutumsang to Chisopani (Alt. 2110m/ 6923ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 14 Trekking from Chisopani to Sundarijal (Alt. 1460m/ 4790ft). Walking 4 hours. Drive from Sundarijal to Kathmandu.
- Day 15 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.