Kailash Yatra: Kailash Overland Tour
“Kailash Yatra is the overland pilgrimage tour of Mount Kailash and holy Mansarovar Lake. Mount Kailash is recognized as the Home of Lord Shiva and also the center of the universe.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Kailash Yatra is the overland pilgrimage tour of Mount Kailash and Holy Mansarovar Lake. Mount Kailash is a peak in the Gandise Mountain range in western Tibet near the sources of Asia’s four important rivers: Indus, Brahmaputra, Sutlej, and Ganga.
Mount Kailash is regarded as the sacred mountain by four religious groups: Hindus, Buddhists, Bonis, and Jainis. They do accept that this mountain is the center of the universe. Hindus believe this mountain is the home of Lord Shiva.
Similarly, Mansarovar is high altitude fresh Water Lake located north of Mount Kailash with the circumference of 88 km. The word Mansarovar originates from Sanskrit with a combination of two words Mana and Sarovar. Mana denotes mind and Sarovar means lake.
According to Hindu mythology, the lake was first created in the mind of Lord Brahma then he formed it on the Earth. For hundreds of year, people have been visiting Mount Kailash and Mansarovar Lake for divinity and good fortune.
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra begins from Kathmandu with a scenic drive to Kerung (newly opened border between Nepal and China/ Tibet). After customs formalities, you enter to China Land and continue your drive through an amazing landscape of Tibetan Plateau.
You firstly reach to Mansarovar Lake. After taking a holy dip in this sacred lake you head towards base camp of Mount Kailash. Further, you start hiking to complete the kora of Mount Kailash which takes two and half days. After the end of the Kora trip, you get back to Kathmandu following the same incoming road and end this journey in Kathmandu.
Kailash Yatra- Note:
Kailash Yatra is the journey to the home of Lord Shiva. It’s a lifetime pilgrimage tour, people join it for peace, happiness, and moksha. Please contact us for any further information about this holy trip.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 2 Sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Day 3 Drive from Kathmandu to Kerung/ Kyirong.
- Day 4 Day for acclimatization in Kerung.
- Day 5 Drive from Kerung to Dongba.
- Day 6 Drive from Dongba to Mansarovar.
- Day 7 Drive from Mansarovar to Darchen.
- Day 8 Trek from Darchen to Dirapuk. 1st day of Parikarma.
- Day 9 Trek from Dirapuk to Zuthulpuk. 2nd day of Parikarma.
- Day 10 Trek from Zuthulpuk to Darchen. Final day of Parikarma. Drive to Dongba.
- Day 11 Drive from Dongba to Kerung.
- Day 12 Drive from Kerung to Kathmandu.
- Day 13 Departure from Kathmandu.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.