Everest Three Pass Trek
“Everest Three Pass Trekking is a journey of cross over three mountain passes of Everest zone. As much it is adventurous equally exciting as well.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Everest Three Pass Trek is an ultimate adventurous journey of Everest region. This trip is more popular among adventure lovers as it brings over the three mountain passes of Everest Zone which are all the high passes in the world. These alpine passes are Kongma La Pass (5535 meters /18159 feet), Cho La Pass (5368 meters/ 17612 feet) and Renjo La Pass (5360 meter/17585 feet).
Technically it is not much difficult crossing these passes but all these trails climb over 5000 meters so it is essential proper acclimatization to reduce the effects of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Here the suggested hiking program is designed with considering of this major issue.
The another remarkable feature of this adventurous journey is to be also at the Everest Base Camp, the foothill of the world’s tallest mountain, and to hike up Kalapathar as well as Gokyo Ri. Both of them are smaller peaks from where the awesome close-up view of Mount Everest and other towering peaks of the planet can be experienced.
The trekking route of Everest Three Pass Journey is almost like the circuit of Everest region. It covers all major highlights of Everest Himalayan territory from stunning views of gigantic mountains to awesome Himalayan glaciers and from serene glacial lakes to distinct alpine lifestyle and vegetation.
The beginning of Everest High Pass trek is from Lukla after 40 minutes mountain flight from Kathmandu following the classic route of Phakding, Namche Bazaar then towards Dingboche. From here it branches off Chhukung valley. Afterward, it rises with a climb to Kongma La Pass to Lobuche and Everest Base Camp. Trekking continues over Cho La Pass to Gokyo Lake, then crossing the Renjo La Pass it down to Thame. Subsequently following the classical trail it drops down to Lukla where this adventures trekking ends.
From Lukla its flight back to Kathmandu where with cultural sightseeing of world heritages declared by UNESCO followed by farewell dinner the overall program of this trip will be completed.
Everest Three Pass Trek- Note:
Everest Three Pass Trek is 20 days of trekking trip. However, the itinerary is likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Morning Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Trekking from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 3 Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 4 Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Dingboche to Chhukung (4730m/15518ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 8 Rest Day in Chhukung. Walking 4 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Chhukung to Lobuche (Alt.4910m/4910ft) crossing Kongma La Pass (5535m/18159ft). Walking 8 to 9 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 7:30 hours.
- Day 11 Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Lobuche (Alt.4910m/4910ft).
- Day 12 Trekking from Lobuche to Dzongla (4830m/15850ft). Walking 3 hrs.
- Day 13 Trekking from Dzongla to Thangnak to Gokyo (4800m/15580ft) crossing Chola Pass (5368m/ 17612ft). Walking 8 hrs.
- Day 14 Hike up Gokyo Ri (5357m/17575 ft) & rest day in Gokyo. Walking 4 hrs.
- Day 15 Trekking from Gokyo to Marlung (4210m/13810ft) crossing Renjo La (5360m/17585ft). Walking 7 to 8 hrs.
- Day 16 Trekking from Marlung to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 17 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 18 Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 19 Sightseeing tour to World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 20 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.