Everest Gokyo Lake Trek
“Many trekkers take Everest Gokyo Lake trekking as the substitute of Everest Base Camp trekking as it also offers a marvelous view of world’s towering peaks including Mt. Everest with glacier and glacial lakes.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is one of the fascinating trekking routes of Everest region. Popular also as Gokyo Ri Trekking this hiking journey is as high as the Everest Base Camp trek and it offers similarly spectacular views of Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyu, the 1st, 4th, 5th and 6th tallest mountains of the earth. Thus many of trekkers take this trekking as the substitute of Everest Base Camp trekking.
Gokyo, the tranquil Himalayan Lake, is a wonderful highlight of this hiking trip. This amazing lagoon has spread an area of 106 acres beneath the Ngozumpa Glacier, the longest glacier of Himalayas, in a basin of snowy peaks. Gokyo Ri, the peak with the height of 5357 meters/ 17575 feet from sea level, is closed to the Gokyo Lake. Hiking to the top of this peak bestows to see above mentioned four 8000 meters peaks.
Like of other trekking trails of Everest area this trip also put forward to experience the culture of Sherpa people and diverse vegetation of alpine region with yak pastures.
Gokyo Lake Trek begins from Lukla after 40 minutes scenic morning flight from Kathmandu to Tenzing-Hilary Airstrip at Lukla. After two days of trekking upward to Dudh Koshi valley with one night halt at Phakding, it reaches to Namche Bazaar, the bustling market of Khumbu region. There is one more night in Namche Bazaar for acclimatization to reduce the effect of altitude sickness.
The following trekking will be passing through Sherpa villages of Phortse Thanga, Machhermo and ultimately to Gokyo lake. The next morning climb up to Gokyo Ri (5360m/17585ft) to enjoy awe-inspiring views of Mount Everest and other towering peaks with gigantic Ngozumpa glacier.
Afterward, it’s all retracing down via Dole to Namche Bazaar and finally to Lukla where all trekking activities end. Then it will be fly back to Kathmandu and have a cultural excursion of world heritage places of Kathmandu is followed by farewell dinner at an authentic restaurant in Kathmandu.
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek- Note:
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is the trip of 14 days. However, the itinerary is likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Morning Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Trekking from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 3 Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 4 Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Phortse Thanga (Alt. 3680m/12073ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Phorse Thanga to Machherma (Alt. 4470m/14665ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake (4790m/15715ft). Walking 4 hours.
- Day 8 Hike up to Gokyo Ri (5360m/17585ft) and back to Gokyo Lake. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Gokyo Lake to Dole (4110m/13484ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Dole to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11286ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 11 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 12 Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 13 Sightseeing tour to World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 14 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.