Everest Base Camp Trek
“Everest base camp trekking is the world class hiking journey to the foothill of Mount Everest. Join and enjoy this wonderful trip with the local experts like us.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Everest base camp trek is a world class hiking tour that brings to the foothill of Mount Everest. Truly Everest base camp tour is the exploration of magnificent high mountains of the planet, impressive glaciers, different culture of the Sherpas- the heroic mountaineers, distinctive landscape of Himalaya region with its endangered flora and fauna.
Everest Base Camp trekking begins after 40 minutes sensational mountain flight from Kathmandu to Tenzing-Hilary airstrip at Lukla. Lukla is the gateway of this adventure trip. From Lukla, the trekking starts following the upward path to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar passing through the Dudh Koshi River valley with views of Thamserku and Kusum Kangaru peaks. It takes about two days to reach this Sherpa village, which is a central hub of Khumbu area. Usually, at this place trekkers allow a day of rest for acclimatization to minimize effects of Altitude Health problems (AMS). They then trek another two days to Dingboche (Alt. 4,260 m/13,980ft) before resting for another day for further acclimatization.
Another two days takes to Everest Base Camp via Gorakshep, the flat field below Kala Patthar and Mt. Pumori. After the visit of the south base camp of Mount Everest the hiking to the top of Kalapathar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft), the black rock nearby Gorakshep, provides a 360-degree awesome panorama of world’s tallest mountains of Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Pumori, Mount Lobuche, Mount Nuptse and other surrounding peaks. From this elevation the true height of Everest becomes clear. The entire south face of Everest is visible.
Afterward, the trekking will retrace down Lukla following the places of Pheriche, Pangboche, Tengboche, Namche, and Phakding. In Lukla, the trekking ends. Next morning you fly back from Lukla to Kathmandu. Eventually, the program of this journey completes with the wonderful sightseeing tour of world heritage sites in Kathmandu valley along with farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with live cultural dances.
Everest Base Camp Trek- Note:
Everest Base Camp trekking 15 days is a standard trip. However, it’s likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request/ requirements you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Morning Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Start trekking from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 3 hours.
- Day 3 Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 4 Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Acclimatization day. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 4 hours.
- Day 8 Trekking from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 7:30 hours.
- Day 10 Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft).
- Day 11 Trekking from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 12 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 13 Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 14 Sightseeing tour to World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 15 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.
Incredible Everest Trekking I am Alex from Uk was in nepal as a fellow traveller. Friend of mine had recommend me a Himalayan International Treks for my short trek to Namche. I had a really nice trek and wonderful time with this company. Specially the Ram who is running the company ... Read More
Once-in-a-Lifetime Breathtaking Journey through the Majestic Himalayas Tashi Delek - I received a season’s greetings card from the Tibet Guest House, reminding me what an unforgettable journey I had in Nepal. Visiting Nepal was life-changing, as cliché, as it sounds. The trek I completed in Nepal, from Lukla to Tengboche, was ... Read More