Classic Everest Trek
“Classic Everest Trekking is the legendary trekking trail with pursuing the footsteps of Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary to be at Mount Everest Base Camp.
- Trip Overview
- Detail Itinerary
- Price Detail
- Useful Information
- Trip Map
- Trip Gallery
- Trip Dates
- Optional Activities
Classic Everest Trek is the historic route of Everest Base Camp. All early expeditions including first successful Everest Summit by Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary made use of this route. Even all trekkers used to pursue this path for any destinations of Everest region until Lukla Airstrip was built.
The trail of this route is linked by road access with Kathmandu. Now also many trekkers who desire to chase the footsteps of Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary use this route to reach Everest Base Camp.
As compared with the route starts from Lukla airport, this is longer by few days but it grants to explore whole Everest Region (Solu as well as Khumbu area) while the other trekking trails of Everest trekking take to only Khumbu territory.
The highlights of Solu area are the lush valleys with forest, rare animals, birds and beautiful Sherpa villages. Similarly alpine areas with world tallest mountains, glaciers, lakes, high passes are the salient attractions of Khumbu zone.
Classic Everest Trek starts with a long drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya. The trail from Shivalaya to Cheplung passes through typical middle hills villages, terraced farms, rhododendron forests with different species of birds and animals. At Cheplung it meets the trail come from Lukla and goes ahead to Namche Bazaar through Dudh Koshi valley.
Here one day rest for acclimatization then trek upward to Lobuche and finally to Everest Base Camp. After the visit to Everest Base Camp, the next morning hiking up to Kalapathar offers the spectacular views of Mount Everest, its surrounding high peaks, and the Khumbu glacier. Then the trekking will be all the down to Lukla.
From Lukla, the return journey to Kathmandu will be by 40 minutes mountain flight. All program of this trip ends in Kathmandu with cultural sightseeing of World Heritage sites of Kathmandu valley.
Classic Everest Trek- Note:
Classic Everest Trek is 22 days of the trip. However, the itinerary is likely to be customized. Thus, please let us know if any request you have.
- Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu Airport.
- Day 2 Drive from Kathmandu to Shivalaya (Alt. 1810m/5938ft) via Jiri. Driving 8 to 9 hours (219km).
- Day 3 Trekking from Shivalaya to Bhandar (2200m/7218ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 4 Trekking from Bhandar to Sete (2575m/8450ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 5 Trekking from Sete to Junbesi (2670 m/8760ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 6 Trekking from Junbesi to Nunthala (2220m/7280ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 7 Trekking from Nunthala to Bupsa (2360 m/7740 ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 8 Trekking from Bupsa to Surke (2290m/7282ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 9 Trekking from Surke to Phakding (2652m/8700ft). Walking 4:30 hours.
- Day 10 Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 11 Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Kumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours.
- Day 12 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 13 Trekking from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 6 hours.
- Day 14 Acclimatization day. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 4 hours.
- Day 15 Trekking from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 5 hours.
- Day 16 Trekking from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 7:30 hours.
- Day 17 Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft).
- Day 18 Trekking from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 19 Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours.
- Day 20 Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure.
- Day 21 Sightseeing tour to World Heritage Sites of Kathmandu valley. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
- Day 22 Final Departure.
Steps of Contact and Booking with us
- Browse our website.
- Select a trip.
- Send an enquiry.
- Get a reply within 24 hrs.
- Discuss Trip details.
- Final your Trip.
- Pay Deposit & Book the Trip.
- Final Payment & Enjoy your Trip.